Choosing Custom Made Landscape Lighting
Why Should You Consider Custom Made Landscape Lighting?
Custom made landscape lighting can make a huge difference in the look of your home. It can draw attention to the most attractive things about your property and make your home and garden look as beautiful at night as they do during the day.
Landscape lighting can also improve the functionality and safety of your home. From exterior walls and patios, to trees and shrubbery, to flowers and ground cover, there is almost no limit to what landscape lighting can do for your home.
Here are some considerations in choosing custom made landscape lighting compared to other types of landscape lighting as well as what to look for when you choose custom landscape lighting.
Custom Made Landscape Lighting, One-Size-Fit-All, or Do it Yourself?
If you want landscape lighting for your home, you may be weighing your options in how to have lighting installed. Should you choose a one-size-fits-all lighting installation, install landscape lighting yourself, or choose custom made landscape lighting? Here are a few considerations and pros and cons of your various options to help you make a good choice:
One-Size-Fits-All Lighting Installation
- You won't have to put much thought into the installation
- You can get a pretty good idea of how lighting will look by looking at examples
- Pricing will probably be straightforward without many decisions to be made about what to get and what not to get
- Installation can be done quickly without concerns about safety hazards
- You will likely pay as much as you would for custom landscape lighting without getting as good of an effect
- Opportunities for unique lighting for your specific landscape may be overlooked
- You won’t be able to ask for what’s most attractive about your landscape to be highlighted
Install Landscape Lighting Yourself
- Generally the most affordable option for installing landscape lighting
- Take as long as you want to decide exactly where to put lights and what lights to use
- Maintain lights yourself
- Very difficult to get the effect you want, due to problems like variations between fixtures and fixtures getting dimmer towards the end of the line
- Can be challenging to install safely, and you may run into problems with fixtures being hit by lawn mowers or weed whackers or shining light into roads or the neighbors’ homes
- Very time-consuming, often more time-consuming than you would have anticipated
Custom Made Landscape Lighting
- Get effects that are perfectly tailored to what your landscape has to offer
- Speak with landscape lighting professionals about your goals and hopes for the lighting so that you get exactly what you want
- Pay about what you would pay for one-size-fits-all lighting but get much more attractive results
- Have lighting safely installed
- Spend time to talk with landscape professionals about exactly what you want from the lights
- Spend time deciding on what your goals are for your landscape lighting
What Are Your Options in Custom Made Landscape Lighting?
When it comes to custom outdoor lighting that a professional landscape lighting services company can install, you may be surprised by just how many options you have. Here are just a few of the possibilities for custom made landscape lighting:
- Tree and Shrubbery. Lighting for your trees and shrubbery is one of the most versatile and customizable aspects of landscape lighting. Landscape lighting for tall trees can create a beautiful, dramatic effect that perfectly suits the look of your home. Lighting for smaller trees and shrubs is ideal for highlighting lovely little scenes that make your garden choices shine.
- Flower bed and ground cover. You enjoy the gorgeous colors of your flower beds and the texture of your ground cover during the day, so why shouldn't they also shine at night? Custom made landscape lighting can make your flowers look their best, even at night. Professional landscape lighting can be hidden in flower beds and ground cover to light paths, indicate the end of a lawn, and more.
- Art, statues, and decoration. What makes your garden unique? Do you have lovely fountains that add the music and peaceful visuals of trickling water to your yard? How about unique statues that show off your personality? Custom made landscape lighting can show off these features at night, making them look even better than they do during the day.
- Pathway lighting. Pathway lighting is among the most practical types of landscape lighting that you can choose, but that doesn't mean that it isn't highly customizable. Do you want pathway lights that have fixtures that are as lovely as the lighting itself? How about lights that are completely hidden during the day so you'd have no idea the path was lit at night? How to light your paths is completely up to you.
- Patio lighting. Do you find yourself enjoying your patio until the sun sets and then being driven inside, or looking forward to the sun rising so that you can have some patio time? Lighting your patio enables you to enjoy it as much at night as you do during the day. Landscape lighting services will carefully examine how your patio is set up to help you decide on just the right kind of patio lighting to meet your needs.
- Perimeter and security lighting. Lighting can increase the safety of your property, deterring thieves and animal pests. But if you think that lightning has to be harsh and ugly to accomplish your goals in security, think again. Landscape lighting can double as security lighting to both make your home safer and more beautiful.
- Home exterior lighting. Lightning that is cast upon your home can emphasize its most desirable features. Show off the details in brick or stonework. Light up window boxes or trellises. Whatever is most attractive about your home can be emphasized with exterior landscape lighting.
- Walls and fences. Custom made landscape lighting can utilize fences and walls to improve lighting at your perimeter for security reasons, make fences and walls into a backdrop for the rest of the lighting in your garden, or both. Pools of light shining upon fences and walls can be both functional and very attractive.
Choosing Landscape Lighting Services Near Me
When you're ready to have custom made landscape lighting installed, American National Sprinkler & Lighting can accomplish your lighting goals. We have been serving a wide range of neighborhoods in Chicago and the surrounding areas since the early 1980s.
We can use our vast wealth of experience to make your home look its best with custom made landscape lighting specifically for your needs. Check out a few of the ways that we have made homes shine with completely customized lighting.
We will make a plan for your home that takes into account exactly what you want from landscape lighting. We’ll draw on our extensive experience, but also talk with you at length and at every step of the process about what you want to make sure that your lighting needs are met.
Don't hesitate to reach out to American National Sprinkler & Lighting when you are ready to make the most of your home at night.
Can you install low voltage fixtures?
Low voltage landscape lighting is our specialty for good reason. You get the effect that you're looking for with fixtures that last a very long time and require little electricity. We have a wide range of low voltage fixtures to meet a variety of needs.
Will you maintain lighting?
With a team of over 20 highly qualified technicians, we have the staff available to service your lighting needs whenever necessary. Don't worry about being left with a fixture that isn't working or having a panic if you hit some wiring while doing landscaping. We'll take care of it for you.
Is professional custom made landscape lighting a good investment?
If you're looking for ways to improve the value of your home, landscape lighting is an excellent option. Custom made landscape lighting shows off what's best about your home, making it more desirable to potential buyers. Furthermore, our lighting lasts for years, so it's an investment into your home that the next owner will appreciate as well.
Do you install landscape lighting for any size home?
No matter how big or small your home is, we can install beautiful landscape lighting to meet your exact needs. We have experience working in a wide range of different types and sizes of homes so we can install the custom made landscape lighting that works best for your space.
What makes your custom lighting different than one-size-fits-all?
When we install custom made landscape lighting for your property, we carefully examine every detail of your home and property to install lighting that emphasizes what's best and doesn't draw attention to any flaws. You'll know that you have custom lighting because it will look different than any other lighting on the block.
Can you install subtle custom made landscape lighting?
Are you worried that the landscape lighting that we put into place will be too dramatic? Set your fears aside. We can install landscape lighting that makes your home quietly more attractive and safer without drawing attention to itself at all.