Lake Zurich Landscape Lighting
Are You Interested in Lake Zurich Landscape Lighting?
Lake Zurich is a beautiful place to live, with a wide, beautiful lake, plenty of natural areas, and large lots with gorgeous houses in tree-studded neighborhoods. If you haven't considered Lake Zurich landscape lighting, you may be missing out on an opportunity to increase the beauty, functionality, and safety of your Lake Zurich home.
History of Lake Zurich
Lake Zurich is named for a lake that is entirely within the town limits. It is a historic town, having originally been settled in the 1830s. Two early pioneers, George Ella and Seth Paine, built a number of businesses in the area.
Farmers from New England began moving into the area in the 1830s and 40s, while German immigrants largely moved in later in the 19th century. Originally, the lake known as Lake Zurich was named Cedar Lake. The village was incorporated in 1896, primarily as a farming town. When the village connected to the railroad in 1910 and highways were built in the late 1920s, Lake Zurich became a popular summer resort. Permanent residents became more common in the area in the 1950s, and the population has continually increased since that time.
Why You Should Consider Lake Zurich Landscape Lighting?
Lake Zurich is a lovely place to live, rich in natural areas and several other lakes besides the town’s namesake Lake Zurich. Homes tend to be large, attractive, and rich in beautiful landscaping. If you don't already have landscape lighting, there are some good reasons to consider it for your Lake Zurich home:
Lake Zurich Landscape Lighting Can Make Your Home Safer
The natural areas in Lake Zurich offer significant benefits to living here, but there can be some downsides as well. There are a variety of natural areas, including not only the lake but also Oak Ridge Marsh Nature Park, Paulus Park, Buffalo Creek Park and Old Mill Grove Park. The town is also near or bordered by some other vast natural areas, including the Cuba Marsh Forest Preserve and the expansive Deer Grove Forest Preserve. Buffalo Creek cuts through the south part of the town. All of these natural areas are surely a lot of why you love living in this town, but they may also affect your safety.
Lake Zurich Landscape Lighting Can be a Deterrent to Thieves
Unfortunately, the combination of natural areas, a large lake, and beautiful, affluent homes can be an attraction to thieves. Thieves can take advantage of natural areas to hide under cover of darkness and scout out opportunities for criminal activity.
The size of Lake Zurich can be an even more important concern. Thieves can use boats to approach homes from the lake, enabling them access to the backyard where home security may not be as good. It can be very easy for a criminal to spend a lot of time scouting out a potential target undetected if they pretend to be fishing from a boat.
Landscape lighting can be a powerful deterrent to thieves, encouraging them to continue on rather than stopping at your house. Lights that stay on all evening or lights that turn on when they sense motion are both powerful deterrents for thieves.
Lake Zurich Landscape Lighting Can Frighten Away Undesirable Wildlife
You probably enjoy some of the wildlife that the lake and natural areas in Lake Zurich attract. You may enjoy seeing ducks, geese, otters, and even the occasional deer in your backyard. However, if possums, raccoons, or coyotes begin to frequent your property, you will likely want them to be deterred.
These animals can be serious pests, getting into your garbage and interfering with your landscaping. Larger predators can even be a threat to pets or children. Landscape lighting is a safe way to deter wildlife without harming them. Lights that are triggered by motion can even drive away animals that may have been acclimated to lights that are on all of the time.
Lake Zurich Landscape Lighting Can Improve Your Enjoyment of Your Home
One of the reasons you likely enjoy living in Lake Zurich is because of the beauty of the homes and the lovely landscaping. These homes tend to be on large lots without fencing and have wonderful curb appeal. Neighborhoods are dotted with mature signature trees and well-maintained hedges and topiaries.
You probably enjoy being outside on weekends and when you get home from work on the weekdays. However, landscape lighting can extend your enjoyment of your property into the evening hours as well. Here are just a few of the ways that landscape lighting can make your home as functional and attractive as possible:
- Light up your trees. The gorgeous mature trees of Lake Zurich are one of its most attractive features. You can shine lighting up the trunk and into the branches to turn every tree into a work of art. You can also shine light down from the branches to replicate the effect of moonlight.
- Show off your shrubbery. Are you meticulous about maintaining perfectly trimmed topiaries and hedges? Landscape lighting can show off this structured greenery during the night as well as during the day.
- Brighten your home with flower beds. Flower beds make your Lake Zurich home look gorgeous during the day, but why shouldn't they brighten up your home at night as well? Landscape lighting can hide tactfully among the flowers so that they appear to glow all on their own.
- Show off your decor. Are you proud of a tasteful statue that acts as a signature piece in your yard? Do you have a beautiful water feature with cascading waterfalls? Landscape lighting can draw attention to the signature pieces and may even make them more attention-getting than they are during the day.
- Light up exterior walls. Lake Zurich homes tend to have beautiful exterior walls of brick or siding with lots of details. Landscape lighting can wash across these walls to make your home look cute or majestic, depending on your tastes.
- Path or driveway lighting. Lake Zurich homes tend to be large and have either pathways or driveways leading from the road to the front door. By lighting these paths, you can make it safer to approach your home. Creating paths across your backyard from pools of light can encourage a nighttime stroll through the garden.
- Security lighting. All landscape lighting can provide some measure of security, but lighting that illuminates the borders of your property or comes on when it senses motion is a powerful deterrent for criminals. This is important throughout Lake Zurich, but may be especially valuable for homes on the lake or river.
- Patio lighting. Your patio is likely one of the most charming areas of your home. By installing lovely patio lighting, you can make it even more enjoyable and find yourself sitting out under the stars long after the crickets have started to chirp.
Installing Landscape Lighting Yourself Vs Hire a Professional
If you are a do-it-yourselfer, you may be tempted to install your own landscape lighting to fit your needs. However, you are likely to find that installing your own lighting may cause more problems than it solves. A professional landscape lighting company knows how to install low voltage landscape lighting to achieve the results you want while drawing as little power as possible. By contrast, do-it-yourself systems may end up costing you more every month and be more expensive than having a professional installation in the long run.
Furthermore, professional companies are likely to do a better job. They have more options available in what kind of lights they install and how they install them. Lighting installed by an outdoor lighting company will generally be better hidden than lighting that you install yourself.
Unlike home units, it will not seem brighter near the source of the power and dimmer further away. The best landscape lighting for your home can exemplify its best features and last for many years, adding to the value of your home. However, do-it-yourself systems often require lots of maintenance and need to be replaced soon after installation.
How to Choose the Best Landscape Lighting Design Company
- Local. The best landscape lighting company for you will operate locally so that they are there when you need them for any kind of maintenance or questions. You can feel confident that they are dedicated to serving your community and know exactly what looks best in your neighborhood.
- In operation for a long time. Don't use a landscape lighting company that wasn't here a year ago because they may not be here a year from now either. Instead, choose a company that has been here for decades and has a good reputation in your area.
- Willing to listen. The landscape lighting company that you choose should be happy to talk with you about your needs and take note of every detail about your home so that they can provide lighting that fits your needs well.
Choose American National Sprinkler & Lighting for Your Landscape Lighting Needs
American National Sprinkler and Lighting has been installing landscape lighting in the Lake Zurich and surrounding areas for over 30 years. They have extensive experience in this area and know exactly how to install lighting that will look perfect with your home. Their goal is to install lighting that will last a lifetime, and they're happy to provide any maintenance or changes that you may need over the years.